Q: What are the classrooms like and what type of lessons will my child experience?
- Sensorial materials designed to develop cognitive skills and classify/order using the five senses.
- Language is experienced throughout the day through conversations, reading, poetry and stories. Example materials: letter tracing, stencil tracing, movable letters and letter puzzles.
- Geography & Science center
- Math center with counting and calendar learning.
- Practical life sciences such as care for self, others and for the environment. Examples: preparing food, washing dishes, house keeping, organization and courtesy lessons
- Art Center with easels, construction paper, paint, markers, pencils and much more.
- Music center and music appreciation lessons
- Block and building center with wooden blocks, Lego blocks, and other materials for creative building and games
Q: What do I do about lunch and snacks for my child?
A: We are a NUT AND PEANUT FREE school. You can send lunch for your child or you may order a hot lunch from our catering company.
Snacks are brought in daily by our families. You will find a snack calendar on your classroom door. The day you see your child's name, you are responsible to bring the snack listed for the entire class. Parents have found this to be a very convenient arrangement for everyone.
Q: How will I know what is taking place in the classroom?
A: If your child is attending the 1 or 2 year old classroom you will receive daily reports from your teacher at pick up. This report will inform you about potty habits or diaper changes, eating, sleep, and anything the teacher feels relevant.
You will also receive regular emails with information about our classroom and school wide agendas. (We are a paperless school when possible!)
- Monday - Weekly Lesson Plan.
- Friday - Weekly Parent Letter.
- Monthly - Motion Review News Letter
- Additionally, you may receive updates on special events and any important information needed via e-mail.
Q: What type of Curriculum do we use?
- The Creative Curriculum (Infant - Pre-VPK)
- The Letter People (VPK)
- Learning In Motion specialty lessons (Infant- VPK)
- Montessori (2 years thru elementary ages)